This blog

This is my journey. My journey of changing my lifestyle to that of a healthier one. This is the journey of a young single mother setting out to lose weight and also to become the best version of herself possible. This is one person doing things the right way. Losing weight and becoming healthy with no gimmicks, no weight watchers, atkins, crash diets, crazy pills or wraps, not even a gym membership. This is not about temporary fixes, but about a lifestyle repair. This could be the story of your next door neighbor, the girl at the park in the mom jeans, the woman you just judged walking with two little boys in each hand, I'm your average everyday Jane, and this is my journey. Becoming a new me. The right way.

Friday, August 1, 2014

Work out music

Please have fun when you work out. Seriously. Have fun and mesh activity into your every day lifestyle.

For example. Doing the dishes for me is 20 minutes actually washing the dishes a another 40 minutes of busting some serious (and embarassing) moves. Thank God it's just me and the kids and they're already used to my craziness.

I find the treadmill really boring. So I use it to do what I don't get a whole lot of time to do during the day. I get on the internets. I'm blogging while on the treadmill right now (; a half hour is my goal, 30 minutes of cardio. Cardio is a pretty crucial element to losing weight! But anyway. I got on my treadmill and I was dancing so wildly I knocked the key out and made the treadmill stop. Oops. I've actually never used the key before this in my life. I figured I'm capable of moving one foot in front of the other without falling and I'd be fine, I only put it in now because I'm a considerable amount more accident prone while trying to dance-walk. Oh well, at least I'm not bored.

Yesterday I was griping about my arm band getting all sweaty. The thing j put my ipod in that I was sooooo excited when I bought it. It annoys me because it gets all sweaty and I'm seriously concerned about water damage to my ipod.

If you do this and break your ipod I take no responsibility. I wouldn't suggest this if you're running, or obviously if you plan on using those arm things. Since I am doing neither it works out well, and it's easier to change the song this way too.

Speaking of songs. Isn't it crazy how differently they affect your work out? I thought I could only work out to high paced, pop or angry songs to get me going. Today I did my dumbbell exercises with Christina Aguilera's Nasty Naughty Boy playing. If you haven't heard the song before let's put it this way, a song to play on a road trip with your kids? Definitely not. Quality strip tease song? Best I've ever heard. So my dumbbell exercises took on a surprising erotic twist. Which is fine since I'm all by myself, it sounds mighty awkward but I do believe it was the most intense I've ever done them before. Go figure.

Slower songs just mean I get more into the lyrics, which obviously means I belt them at the top of my lungs as I'm walking. Which I guess is okay because at least I'm not bored or focusing on how long or how far I have to go yet.

So I guess you have to find what works best for you. I know a lot of people go for fast paced songs, but for me, as long as I like the song, I can get into just about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment