This blog

This is my journey. My journey of changing my lifestyle to that of a healthier one. This is the journey of a young single mother setting out to lose weight and also to become the best version of herself possible. This is one person doing things the right way. Losing weight and becoming healthy with no gimmicks, no weight watchers, atkins, crash diets, crazy pills or wraps, not even a gym membership. This is not about temporary fixes, but about a lifestyle repair. This could be the story of your next door neighbor, the girl at the park in the mom jeans, the woman you just judged walking with two little boys in each hand, I'm your average everyday Jane, and this is my journey. Becoming a new me. The right way.

Friday, August 15, 2014

Almost there

Still feeling pretty good. My phone is dying, but that doesn't exactly mean I'm in any kind of mental or physical distress. I brought a charger to work but, uh, I guess it doesn't work. I'm not too broken hearted over it though. I'll be home in about three hours so I'll just have to muddle through until then I guess. Woe is me, right?

Today I had two of the office girls tell me they could tell I've lost weight. Such an awesome feeling. I'm getting really antsy. I know I'm doing fine, and it's a slow moving process, and it's about changing your whole life style. I know this is not supposed to be just about my weight, this is about improving my entire life. But man, I'm so close to the 20 pound mark I can practically taste it. Uh, I guess taste shouldn't be what I'm shooting for because too much eating is what got me this problem in the first place, am I right?

But still. Twenty pounds is a pretty big deal. I know the number on the scale doesn't define me...but that doesn't mean I'm not a little more pleased to see a smaller number come up. And in 3.4 pounds I'm buying myself a reward.

It's almost sad how high my weight was when I started. Even worse how it got higher after I decided I would start soon. I was pretty big on "oh when I start my diet I won't be able to have any of this I better eat it ALL right now." And gained myself another 4 pounds that way. Yikes. It's water under the bridge now.

I can't decide if I should cut my hair, or buy new shoes. I like my hair short, but because I always cut it I've been trying to let it grow. Plus, if I do cut it I won't be able to pull it up anymore and that would be a problem. I just really like it shorter...


I really have my fingers crossed that on Sunday I can get to the big two-oh mark. But that would mean losing over three pounds in one week, and I did have ice cream for dinner once lol. So I'm more realistically excited to see it the following Sunday.

It's become way less of a struggle too. Whereas before it was hard to keep myself on track, now it's more second nature. They say 28 days forms a habit. I've had some hiccups but I've been trying to live healthier for longer than that so I guess I got it down now!


I kind of wish I had a work out buddy, but it's hard because most of my good friends have kids as well, work, go to school, we're all grown ups and we have all these grown up obligations and responsibilities, it's difficult to work around all of our schedules to see each other too often. You can bet when we do get together we go for walks or play DDR or something or other.

No comments:

Post a Comment