This blog

This is my journey. My journey of changing my lifestyle to that of a healthier one. This is the journey of a young single mother setting out to lose weight and also to become the best version of herself possible. This is one person doing things the right way. Losing weight and becoming healthy with no gimmicks, no weight watchers, atkins, crash diets, crazy pills or wraps, not even a gym membership. This is not about temporary fixes, but about a lifestyle repair. This could be the story of your next door neighbor, the girl at the park in the mom jeans, the woman you just judged walking with two little boys in each hand, I'm your average everyday Jane, and this is my journey. Becoming a new me. The right way.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Weekly weigh in & the cost of two oreos.

I know, I know, I'm late for my weekly weigh in again this week!

Last Sunday I weighed in at 174.4 pounds, this week I weighed 174.6. So I gained .2 pounds. But that's okay. My aunt and uncle came up to visit, let me rephrase that my favorite aunt and uncle came up to visit and we were in a hurry and grabbed some Mc Donalds, so there's about 900 calories in one meal there. No regrets. Wasn't as active as I could have been this week. Really let the whole Travis situation take a toll on me. 

That's a stupid excuse, and I hate stupid excuses. But I laid around and moped a lot, to be honest, I'm just proud I didn't finish off the tub of ice cream in my basement!

But 174.6 still has me down 16.4 pounds so I'm still pretty please. Maintaining is better than gaining. No, I'm not really going to hold that .2 pounds against myself. I'm just going to have to do better this week.

Definitely going to have to work out more this week! Don't want to lose my killer guns. 


Anyway. Today I was thinking. We bought a packet of cookie dough oreos, they sounded just too delicious to refuse. And while they really weren't that good, it got me thinking,. So many people struggle with late night cravings, rather than binge out, would it be so bad to treat themselves to an oreo every night?

There are 160 calories and 7g of fat per three oreos. We are going to look at eating two every night. Two because it's only proper oreo edicate to take them apart and put them together to make them double stuffed. So for two oreo cookies you are looking at 106.7 calories and 4.7 grams of fat. Not too, too terrible right?

But lets say you eat these two oreos every night. In one week you're up to about 744.8 calories and 32.9 grams of fat. You would have to eat just about two and a half cheese burgers from McDonalds to reach the same amount of calories.

Let's say you eat these two oreos every night for say a whole month. August has 31 days so for August you would be eating 3,307.7 calories and 145.7 grams of fat. That's over six big macs!

But lets say you find these two oreos as your treat to so much hard work, your only bliss, and you decide to eat these two oreos every single night, just two, for an entire year. You have just eaten 38,945 calories and 1,715.5 grams of fat.

Estimating that one pounds is approximately 3,500 calories, your two oreos a night have just cost you just over ELEVEN pounds in one year. 

And that's just for the regular oreos, double stuffed, cookie dough flavored, pumpkin spice, they would of course amount to different numbers. 

Don't think I'm knocking oreos, they just happened to be the food of choice right now. Maybe your late night treat or early morning treat is a candy bar, or a mountain dew, etc. The point being that these things really sneak up on you, which is why it's important to choose your foods wisely. I'm all for treating yourself, just do so with awareness and try to balance it out with your workouts and what else you eat each day to still maintain your calorie and fat balance for each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment