This blog

This is my journey. My journey of changing my lifestyle to that of a healthier one. This is the journey of a young single mother setting out to lose weight and also to become the best version of herself possible. This is one person doing things the right way. Losing weight and becoming healthy with no gimmicks, no weight watchers, atkins, crash diets, crazy pills or wraps, not even a gym membership. This is not about temporary fixes, but about a lifestyle repair. This could be the story of your next door neighbor, the girl at the park in the mom jeans, the woman you just judged walking with two little boys in each hand, I'm your average everyday Jane, and this is my journey. Becoming a new me. The right way.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Weekly weigh in

Rutt oh, weekly weigh in. If you'll remember two weeks ago I weighed 176.6 for around 14 pounds lost, and also that I had a bad week last week and also didn't get to weight myself.

Unfortunately I weighed in today at 178.4. Which means that I gained almost two pounds the last two weeks.

As frustrating as this may be, I totally deserved it. I knew I gained last week between the birthday cupcakes, massive amount of veggie pizza, and virtually no exercise. I knew I gained last week and I was actually relieved to not have to weigh myself.

I'll admit, I didn't count calories again this week. That I might have picked a little more than I have the past few weeks. I will shamelessly admit that I baked cinnamon rolls for lunch one day. No regrets. They were delicious. Saturday I ate even after I was full. The dealership I work at treats everyone who has to work to lunch every Saturday and we had burgers and fries from Front Street Deli. If you have one in your town you should try one, one of the best burgers I've ever had! I also had a few sodas this week which is unusual for me. One with my lunch Saturday, one Wednesday when I was shopping and then today at my moms I had a glass of mountain dew and sprite. We celebrated my sisters birthday today. More cake and ice cream. I never turn down ice cream, and who could turn down rainbow cake?

Oh yeah, and I drank Saturday night. There's a lot of calories in alcohol, don't even get me started.

So I guess what I'm saying is I ate shit this week. The diet portion of my healthy living fell very flat this week, the exercise part I've actually been doing very well. Back into my daily grind, fitting at least an hour in daily, usually half an hour of cardio and I do some resistance training before and then after my cardio mixed in with my stretching.

It's actually really weird, some days I wake up and my first thought is I can wait until I get to work out! Then of course there are other days where I really just don't feel like it. I'll admit, I am fucking exhausted. I'm usually getting to sleep around 1 in the morning and my days are filled with work cleaning mothering and recleaning what I already cleaned because my mothering is a messy job. It's sometimes so incredibly frustrating to put the kids to sleep and I want nothing more than to collapse into bed and get a full 6 or 7 hours of sleep! But I know I have to work out. By the time I change, get my shoes on, get my glassed filled with ice water, actually work out, and clean myself up its usually either pushing or past 1 in the morning.

I'm pretty sure I'm probably going to hit a plateau this way but I don't know what else to do. There just aren't enough hours in the day anymore. A lot of my "me time" lately is getting done on the treadmill because I don't have any damn time to do any leisurely activities during the day. Like reading, blogging, writing in general.

I'm exhausted and I really could use a nap...I know there's a lot of single mums out there who can completely relate to me. I mean really, just how else can we do it?

I'll admit, I get insanely jealous and frustrated when someone tells me they don't have time or are too tired to work out. It shouldn't frustrate me, because it's their life and their decisions and if they don't want to work out I'm certainly not going to be able to convince them. But people who don't work or have school or have no kids or who have kids but have a spouse there with them or who at least takes the kids.

Of course after I get insanely angry at them I realize I'm not really angry, I'm jealous because life is hard. But when you pry further into the lives of the unemployed, babyless, or married person you find that their lives are usually pretty hectic too. There are very few people who actually just sit on their ass all day, or sleep all day, very few who have NOTHING going on. Sometimes I have to remind myself of that, and also that I chose this situation myself. If I had the power to change literally anything I wanted I wouldn't even change my situation, I'd just tack on a few extra hours to the day so everyone who is just as busy and consumed as I am could have more time to do everything they need to and SLEEP.

To be honest, when I lose a ton of weight I can brag about how busy I am and how I still made time to do it anyway (; my challenges are what make my journey special. Same as anyone else. No matter what your challenges are, small or big that's part of your story and that's what makes your journey so amazing.

Be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment