This blog

This is my journey. My journey of changing my lifestyle to that of a healthier one. This is the journey of a young single mother setting out to lose weight and also to become the best version of herself possible. This is one person doing things the right way. Losing weight and becoming healthy with no gimmicks, no weight watchers, atkins, crash diets, crazy pills or wraps, not even a gym membership. This is not about temporary fixes, but about a lifestyle repair. This could be the story of your next door neighbor, the girl at the park in the mom jeans, the woman you just judged walking with two little boys in each hand, I'm your average everyday Jane, and this is my journey. Becoming a new me. The right way.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Work out selfies

My favorite kind of selfies are work out selfies or post work out selfies. Something about working out makes me feel awesome! Well, not normally during the workout but afterwards I usually feel sexy, beautiful, energized. Isn't that typically when people take selfies? My flexibility is something that I am pretty proud of and something I make sure to work on constantly, so yes I may have a few pictures buried in the depth of my phone with my toes and my forehead making friends and some mid bridge selfies, just a heads up, not my wisest decision.

I have fun selfies too, like today I took one after a spider climbed under my treadmill and I was waiting for it to appear on the track. It never did.

I'm not showing off, I don't share these photos. They are for me. For me to look at when I'm feeling down and want to feel awesome, for me when I don't want to work out and need a little motivation. They can be progressive photos too. "Oh yeah that's right, this one is when two miles almost made cry." I don't post my selfies and a status on my twitter and facebook about how I'm working out. If I went to the gym I wouldn't check in. I just do it. For me. And the things I do for myself are some of the most precious.

This is my spider just went under the treadmill and I'm scared selfie.

One of my best friends and I do actually send snapchats to one another while we work out. I'm in Pennsylvania and she recently moved to Tennessee so we've got to keep in contact and it's great motivation for both of us. Like a cyber work out buddy. Now she's been ridiculously skinny her whole life but can't even touch her toes. So her snapchats are usually "I'm at an almost toe touch grrr" and I obviously can't tell because I see only her face and I send one back "moving up to the 8lb dumbbells woo" and she obviously can't see me doing my reps either but it sure is fun.  No regrets, just selfies.



No comments:

Post a Comment