This blog

This is my journey. My journey of changing my lifestyle to that of a healthier one. This is the journey of a young single mother setting out to lose weight and also to become the best version of herself possible. This is one person doing things the right way. Losing weight and becoming healthy with no gimmicks, no weight watchers, atkins, crash diets, crazy pills or wraps, not even a gym membership. This is not about temporary fixes, but about a lifestyle repair. This could be the story of your next door neighbor, the girl at the park in the mom jeans, the woman you just judged walking with two little boys in each hand, I'm your average everyday Jane, and this is my journey. Becoming a new me. The right way.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Weekly weigh in



It's that day again! Weekly weigh in day.

If you'll recall last week I weighed in on 179.8 bringing my weigh loss to about 11 pounds!

Now this week I didn't do so hot. First I found myself pigging out on the tortilla chips and nacho cheese. Actually got to the point where I just decided to throw the whole damn nacho cheese away. Then this nasty cold took over my life, I only ended up working out four days this past week compared to my usual seven. I figured I had already screwed the week, and with a friend home visiting from across the country I said eff it and had some pizza. Only one slice (285 calories) but still had three bread sticks (100 calories per stick, 3 grams fat). One day I was debating between getting some chicken tenders (3 for 248 calories) but decided to get a salad instead (144 calories) but when they added cheese to it and I found out the 1.5 oz was TWO-HUNDRED calories my salad ended up being worse for me than the fried chicken was! Go figure.

This week I also ate a heavier breakfast. Before I was eating a cup of fruit, ear of corn, granola bar, a few times this week I had cereal. One day I slept in late enough that I skipped breakfast all together. The only thing I really had going for me was last Saturday I had a few drinks, and this week I had none.

Either way, this week my goal wasn't even to lose weight (I mean it always is) I was just hoping I didn't gain any. So with eager anticipation...I stepped onto the scale.

And I weighed.





176.6 pounds. I lost another three pounds! Grand total of 14.4 now. I am spoiling myself (again) at the moment because when I was sick growing up mom always bought me sprite or coke and crackers. So I am drinking myself a sprite but it seems to lack the magical healing powers it did when I was younger. First I just had a stuffy/runny nose and hoarse throat and bad cough, which just made it really difficult to work out once I got winded. But now I'm actually nauseous as well. Makes for a pretty bad appetite suppressant when you try to eat and get sick.

Anyway, I'm not going to do a big whole helpful tips thing today since it's weigh in day and I'm a busy bee today. But I already know what I want to blog about tomorrow, so long as the wifi is actually working.

No comments:

Post a Comment