This blog

This is my journey. My journey of changing my lifestyle to that of a healthier one. This is the journey of a young single mother setting out to lose weight and also to become the best version of herself possible. This is one person doing things the right way. Losing weight and becoming healthy with no gimmicks, no weight watchers, atkins, crash diets, crazy pills or wraps, not even a gym membership. This is not about temporary fixes, but about a lifestyle repair. This could be the story of your next door neighbor, the girl at the park in the mom jeans, the woman you just judged walking with two little boys in each hand, I'm your average everyday Jane, and this is my journey. Becoming a new me. The right way.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Setting up the premise

This is my first post. Don't let the title confuse you, this is not a blog about cacti moving backwards in time. This is my journey.

I am started this blog to keep track of my weight loss. I'm sure I'll find other things to jabber on about insufferably, but that is the main focus of this. Weight loss.

So I will start my blog out with a little bit about me; the story.

My name is Rachel. I am 21 years old. I am a mother of two little boys, ages 3 and 1. Before I had my boys I weighed around 120 pounds, I am five feet tall. I won't blame the kids for my rapid weight gain though. I bounced right back after my first (Wyatt) and bounced a little back after my second (Sawyer). I actually gained more weight after having Sawyer, so it would be unfair to blame them.

I grew comfortable in my relationship, and I guess got simply lazy. Not that I was ever, well, not lazy. So I allowed my weight to rise, and rise, and rise a little bit more.

I decided before to lose weight. I had a competition with my mom and sister. I had started out at 182, lost weight the wrong way and brought myself down to I think around 176ish? As soon as the competition (short lived) ended I climbed up and gained twice as much as I lost.

I decided I was not going to hit the 200lb mark! I was 21 years old! I had my entire life ahead me! I had two kids I needed to be around for! I wasn't prepared to let myself go like this. I decided I wanted to be healthy. I wanted to be healthy, and I wanted to feel sexy. Something I have never felt.

So I began my weight loss journey again. I started at 191 pounds. At only 5 feet tall, that's not a forgiving height and I wore my weight wide. As of Sunday (July 6th) I weighed in at 181.2 pounds. A whole ten pounds lighter. In a whole month.

I won't be doing any gimmicks, no atkins or weight watchers, I'm not joining a gym, taking diet pills, starving myself, or getting my stomach stapled. No sir. I am on a weight loss journey, and a lifestyle transformation.

I am equipped with an exercise ball (that I got for labor with Wyatt) 5 pound and 8 pound weights (weights that I believe are nearly as old as I am) a jump rope (a whole $2.50) and a book to keep track of it all (this would be my highest expense at $12 but there are a lot online you could simply print off yourself. There are also great apps like lose it, fitpal, and many others you can download on your smart phone who will do the counting for you.). I won't go into all of my diet madness today being this is the first post and all. I'm just setting the premise. You don't need all of the bells and whistles to do this, I don't even need what I have.

So, for the sake of randomness and getting to 'know' the author here's some random information and facts about me.
-I write. I finished and am in the process of querying my first novel.
-I am a die hard Philadelphia Eagles fan.
-I almost always have a deck of cards in my purse, when I play with my cards I always put them back in order when I'm done with them.
-Spanx are a girls best friend and worst enemy.
-Most of the music I listen to is like ten years old.

I'll probably add more random facts as we go along. I will probably also include exciting news about my book. Look for UNTOUCHED coming out sometime......eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment