This blog

This is my journey. My journey of changing my lifestyle to that of a healthier one. This is the journey of a young single mother setting out to lose weight and also to become the best version of herself possible. This is one person doing things the right way. Losing weight and becoming healthy with no gimmicks, no weight watchers, atkins, crash diets, crazy pills or wraps, not even a gym membership. This is not about temporary fixes, but about a lifestyle repair. This could be the story of your next door neighbor, the girl at the park in the mom jeans, the woman you just judged walking with two little boys in each hand, I'm your average everyday Jane, and this is my journey. Becoming a new me. The right way.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Weekly weigh ins.

Studies have shown that those who weigh themselves daily are less likely to gain weigh over time. I don't weigh myself daily, one my scale no longer works, and two even if it did my floors are uneven. I weigh myself weekly, typically Sundays when I go to my moms for Sunday dinners.

Today I weighed myself...drum rolls please...179.8!

If I count my total weigh loss it would amount to over 11 pounds! However, since I dropped my weigh loss for two weeks and then didn't lose for two weeks, I've really been looking at this journey as a separate one from the first time I started my weigh loss journey at 191, and have rather been looking at it since I started again and bought my fitness journal at 184.4. So if that's the case I'm 5.3 pounds less in the past two weeks. I'd be lying if I said I'm happy with my current weight, obviously I'd have loved to have lost even more. But I'm still feeling pretty optimistic.

As I'll state over and over again, this is more than just a weight change, we're looking at a lifestyle change. Eventually I'm sure I'm going to start gaining weight rather than losing it, as all this fat turns to muscle! So I can't say as I'm too heart broken.

It's okay to always want more from yourself and your journey. If you don't want more, and don't keep pushing yourself you'll never achieve all your goals.

Go baby go.

For grins and giggles I decided I would actually share my first before and after photo. I know currently I only have a single follower, but this is still a big deal. I don't typically make it a point to share pictures of myself when I look like...well...this. But I can share these pictures to monitor my progress, because the progress is pretty good if I do say so myself. It's a start anyway.


I have always been the kind of person who wants to see immediate results, so being able to compare pictures and actually see a difference is a huge deal to me. I look forward to more of these kinds of pictures in the future, one of these days I'll look back at my original picture and being flabbergasted!

Anyway, tomorrow I'm planning on talking about excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment